Insurance for members of APRA AMCOS

or call 1800 806 584 Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm AET

Why do APRA AMCOS members need insurance?

As a member of APRA AMCOS, music is your passion, either as a music creator or music lover.

If you’re a performer, as much as your work brightens up people’s days, sometimes one small incident such as an audience member tripping on a piece of your equipment could be enough to darken your days in a very significant way. That’s why it is important for performers to hold appropriate insurance to help make sure you’re not faced with unexpected financial strain if you experience an unfortunate incident.

For music or singing teachers, having appropriate insurance that is in tune with your needs is also important to help make sure you can keep playing throughout certain difficult situations. Imagine this: you are providing your regular lesson to a student when suddenly the seat they are sitting on breaks and results in the student falling backwards hitting their head on the floor and breaking their instrument. While this is bad enough, your worries would probably treble if the family held you responsible and took legal action for financial compensation.

Why choose Aon for APRA AMCOS members’ Insurance?

When it comes to insurance for APRA AMCOS members, there are a few options available to you, and deciding which ones you need might not be easy. Aon is committed to making life easier for you by arranging insurance that’s easy to understand, buy and manage, so you can get quotes and take out a policy online in just a few clicks. Or if you do need help, our team of friendly experienced brokers are a phone call away to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need, but more importantly, why. Helping give you confidence that you’re making a better decision for you and your business.

Who we cover

Click here to find your profession to arrange the right cover for you.

AU APRA 328x168 copy

What Insurance do APRA AMCOS members need?

Why Aon?

Don't just insure, be sure.

Industry expertise

Feel confident about your choice of insurance by talking with specialists in your industry

Local support

All brokers based in Australia

Global broker

Our global scale means we can negotiate competitive quality insurance products with insurers

Client education

We provide specialist resources on business insurance and risk management to help you stay on top of current and emerging risks in your industry

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is covered by Performers Insurance

The Performer’s Liability Insurance arranged through Aon can cover the following categories of performers:

Category 1 Actors/Acting, Astrologers, Baton Twirling, Bingo Callers, Bubble Blowing, Caricatures, Cartoonists, Characters, Comedians, Comperes, Costumed Characters, Escape Artists, Hula Hoop, Impersonators, Magicians, Marching, Marriage Celebrants, MC’s, Mime, Models, Poets, Promotional Boy/Girl, Public Speakers, Puppetry, Race Callers, Spruikers, Statues, Stilt Walkers, Storytellers, Theatre Performers, Trivia Hosts, TV Presenters, Unicycling/Trick Cycling

Category 2 Acrobats, Aerial Performers, Balloon Sculpting, Burlesque Artist, Clairvoyant, Clowns, Dancers, DJ’s/Video DJ’s, Face & Body Painters, Juggling, - Non-Dangerous Goods – balls etc, Karaoke, Musicians/Singers, Pavement Art, Physical Theatre, Plate Spinning, Roller Skating, Tarot Card Reading, Temporary1.

If you are in a category not described above please contact our entertainment team, and they can assist with your query.

When will I receive my certificate of currency?

When you purchase your insurance online you will receive your certificate of currency in minutes to your elected email address. If you purchase your insurance with one of our experienced brokers, the time line may vary.2

How do I make a claim? (Entertainment)

You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time. That's why as your advocate we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 806 584.

What if I need to make a change to my policy? (Entertainment)

It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your work but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim.

Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 806 584.

Can I pay my premium on a monthly basis? (Entertainment)

We are able to arrange periodical payment solutions including monthly payment through our premium funding option. This option is not available through our online quoting system, so if you are interested in premium funding, we ask that you please contact our Entertainment team on 1800 806 584 or [email protected]

How do I renew my policy?

Your renewal offer, schedule and tax invoice will be emailed to you approximately 30 days before your renewal date. Please ensure you review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept, simply make payment by the date specified on the tax invoice.

What are your opening hours? (Entertainment)

Our opening hours are 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday (except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at [email protected] and we will pick up your query on the next business day.

The news you need to know

Read more

1APRA members receive a discount when category 2 cover is selected.