Community and Not-for-profit

Get a quote today.

Or call 1800 123 266 Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm AET

Why do Community & Not-for-profit organisations need to consider insurance?

Running a not-for-profit is rewarding, but also comes with its fair share of risks. No matter what type of organisation you run, there are many ways things can go wrong, potentially bringing about significant financial difficulty.

Whether you run a childcare centre, a charity, community radio station, or a volunteering organisation, considering appropriate insurance cover to help protect you should something go wrong is an important part of safeguarding your organisation’s livelihood.

Aon can arrange several different types of insurances which have been specifically designed to suit the risks commonly faced by not-for-profit organisations. With over 35 years’ experience working with the NFP industry, and longstanding relationship with associations like Volunteering Australia, you can trust Aon to help you understand the risks organisations like yours face.

Organisations we can arrange insurance for

Frequently Asked Questions

My organisation isn’t listed above, can I still get insurance?

If your organisation isn’t listed above, we may still be able to arrange cover for you. Simply give our team a call, and we may be able to assist you.

How do I find out what insurance I need? (General)

The insurance you need will vary depending on the field you're in, and you may need more than one policy. At a minimum, you're likely to require Public Liability Insurance if you'll be conducting activities in public and interacting with third parties. You can speak to our team to help you understand what insurances you may or may not need.

How do I make a claim? (NFP)

You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time which is why, as your advocate, we are always on hand to help with any questions. You can notify a claim or circumstance by calling Aon on 1800 123 266, emailing [email protected], or writing to Aon at PO Box 1331, Parramatta, 2124.

What if I need to make a change to my policy? (NFP)

It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your work but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim. Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers your new business activities then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 123 266.

How do I renew my policy?

Your renewal offer, schedule and tax invoice will be emailed to you approximately 30 days before your renewal date. Please ensure you review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept, simply make payment by the date specified on the tax invoice.

How do I get a copy of my Certificate of Currency?

Your Certificate of Currency will be emailed to you on request. Please contact us on 1800 123 266 or [email protected] and our team can arrange for your certificate of currency or renewal.

What are your opening hours? (NFP)

Our opening hours are 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday (except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours you can email us at [email protected] and we will pick up your query on the next business day.

The news you need to know

Read more

Ways to get in touch

Or call us on 1800 123 266, email us on [email protected]

1Subject to the full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

In arranging certain NFP policies, Aon has binder agreements with relevant insurers under which Aon is authorised to commit such insurers to providing cover without reference to them. When acting under a binder we will be acting under an authority given to Aon by the insurer and will be effecting the insurance contract as agent of the insurer and not as your agent. Our binder arrangements with insurers are such that we remain your agent in the handling of any claim.