Chartered Accountants ANZ

Chartered Accountants ANZ

Insurance for Chartered Accountants ANZ (CA ANZ)

or call 1300 836 028 Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm AET

Exclusive Offer for Members of CA ANZ

Aon is the Preferred PI CA ANZ Member Benefits Partner for Practitioners. Get 15 months cover for the price of 12 when taking out a new Professional Indemnity policy.1

You can rely on Aon’s expertise in Chartered Accountants Insurance

We are proud to be in alliance with Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) since 2015 through their Member Benefits Programme. We have worked to deliver a comprehensive suite of products flexible enough to provide you with solutions to best fit the needs of your personal life and business. You will also have the added advantage of direct access to a range of thought leadership material, risk management reports and tools via our new ‘connect’ platform exclusive to Aon clients.

Business insurance can be complicated. What you think you’re paying for isn’t always what you get. At Aon, we want you to feel confident you’ve made a smart decision for your business insurance needs. As SME specialists for Chartered Accountants insurance, we understand the risks that businesses like yours face and how to insure against them. We know insurance policies and understand that the detail of your policy wording is critical to providing the type of cover your small business needs. That’s why we help you by arranging policies customised for the common risks of your industry. Our team of Australian-based SME insurance experts are here to support you and your business every step of the way. We’ll give you access to the relevant information required to help you understand the cover options available to you so you can feel more informed about your choice of insurance.

AU Chartered Accountants ANZ328x168

Professional Indemnity Insurance though Aon¹

Exclusive cover benefits for CA ANZ members

Choice of cover limits

Cover limits available from $2,000,000 to $10,000,000, legal costs are included in addition to this limit2. CAANZ advise that the minimum required limit for chartered accountants is $2,000,000.

Cover for contractors’ breaches

Cover for the nominated insured as a result of claims arising out of breach of professional duty committed by any consultant, contractor, subcontractor or agent of the insured (you) for breaches you are legally liable for2. However, the consultant, contractor or sub-contractor must have their own Professional Indemnity insurance to insure their own liability.

Cover for Self Managed Super Funds (SMSF) advice

Accountants who hold a “limited Australian Financial Services Licence”, are automatically covered for some limited SMSF activity.2

Cover for wrongful employment practices

Sub-limit of $300,000 for claims from staff alleging Employment loss arising from Employment-Related Wrongful Act, excluding Employment-Related Benefits.2 3

Complimentary legal advice

You can access a total of 2 hours of complimentary legal advice from a legal expert on matters relating to the Insured Professional Business Practice (limited to one hour in relation to any particular matter) 2

Run-off cover

If your firm ceases to operate, you can apply for 7 years’ complimentary run-off cover for the firm, which can help to cover the costs for claims relating to incidents that occurred while your firm was operating2

Cost exclusive

You don’t need to pay any excess towards the costs associated with the legal defence of a professional indemnity claim unless it is a Fidelity claim and/or Employment Liability claim1

Why Aon?

Don't just insure, be sure.

Industry expertise

Feel confident about your choice of insurance by talking with specialists in your industry

Local support

All brokers based in Australia

Global broker

Our global scale means we can negotiate competitive quality insurance products with insurers

Client education

We provide specialist resources on business insurance and risk management to help you stay on top of current and emerging risks in your industry

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some questions commonly asked by Accountants.

Do I need insurance as an Accountant?

As an accountant, you’re responsible for advising your clients on some pretty important matters, so if you make an error or provide incorrect advice, the financial loss to your clients could be significant, which puts you at risk of having legal action taken against you. Having the right insurance in place may help reduce the impact to your own finances.

I operate my practice from home, do I need insurance?

If you operate your practice from home, Professional Indemnity is still relevant as the risk of clients alleging professional negligence on your part is still applicable. It's likely at some point, you will meet with clients in person, whether that's at their home, or out in public, so Public & Products Liability is also very relevant for you. Business Insurance can also help cover the cost of your office equipment such as mobile phone or laptop if they're stolen or damaged.

Do I need Management Liability Insurance?

If you’re managing a business, you’re responsible for making some very big decisions, and a management liability policy can help protect against the risks and exposures involved in doing so. If your business is a company, it also includes cover for directors & officers’ personal and corporate liabilities.

Why might I need Cyber Insurance?

Your high-value client base, the commercially sensitive information you hold about them and the raft of cloud based and online technologies you use all make you susceptible to cyber crime. For cyber criminals, attacking your system wouldn't require much effort on their part, but the ramifications for you (and your clients) could be far-reaching. Cyber Insurance can therefore help safeguard your business's viability if you do fall victim to an attack, and help make sure you're not left with substantial out of pocket costs to rectify your IT systems and get your business back up and running.

Do I need both Professional Indemnity and Public Liability?

Professional Indemnity Insurance applies to claims where clients allege your advice or service caused them financial loss. Public Liability on the other hand helps cover you for claims where a client or members of the public allege they suffered an injury or property damage as a result of your business activities.

How do I make a claim?

You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time which is why, as your advocate, we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1300 836 028 during business hours.

What if I need to make a change to my policy?

It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your business but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim.

Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have moved into new premises or you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1300 836 028.

How do I renew my policy?

Your renewal offer, schedule and tax invoice will be emailed to you approximately 30 days before your renewal date. Please ensure you review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept, simply make payment by the date specified on the tax invoice.

What should I do if I have not received my certificate of currency or renewal offer/documents?

Please accept our apologies. At Aon we strive to deliver best in class service, so we are sorry to hear you have not received your documents. Please contact us on talk desk1300 836 028 or [email protected] and we will look to send your documents as soon as possible.

The news you need to know

Read more

Ways to get in touch

Or call us on 1300 836 028, email us on [email protected]

1 This offer is only available to new customers who take out a Professional Indemnity policy before 1 November 2024, subject to certain eligibility criteria, and in respect of the professional indemnity policy offered by Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance as the insurer. Offer ends 1 November 2024.

2Subject to the full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.

3Employment Loss’ does not include: a)aggravated, punitive or exemplary damages; (b)fines or penalties imposed by law (civil penalties); (c) any matters which are deemed uninsurable at law; (d) taxes; (e)any multiplied portion of any damages awarded; or (f) Employment-Related Benefit.

Please also note that the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand ABN 50 084 642 571 (CAANZ) act as a referrer of the above listed insurance/s to Aon. Where you purchase this insurance as a result of a referral from CAANZ to Aon, CAANZ will receive a commission from Aon. Please feel free to contact us for further information.

The Professional Indemnity Insurance for members of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand is arranged by Aon Risk Services Australia Limited ABN 17 000 434 720 AFSL 241141 as agent for the insurer, Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance. If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be provided upon request.