Complementary Health

Get a quote today.

Or call 1800 805 191 Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm AET

Why do Complementary Health Professionals need to consider insurance?

Whether you’re an acupuncturist or naturopath, being in a complementary health profession is undoubtedly rewarding, but, as with any other field, not without risks. For example, you could have a client allege professional negligence, or your equipment could be damaged due to an event such as storm. Having insurance in place can help lessen the impact to your own finances and prevent you from drowning in unexpected costs or needing to eat away at your savings if something does go wrong.

Aon can arrange insurance intended to cater to the common risks faced by those practicing in a complementary health field. You can get a quote online in a few minutes, or chat to one of our brokers who can help you make a well informed decision.

Cover designed for your occupation

The key product available through Aon for complementary health Professionals, is the Combined Professional Indemnity and Public & Products Liability policy, Aon has hundreds of occupations within the Complementary Health facility, so simply click on Get a Quote to go to the quote platform see if your occupation is available or call our team on 1800 805 191.

Special offer: 15 months for 12

Get 15 months cover for the price of 12 when you take out a new Professional Indemnity and Public & Products Liability policy through Aon.1

Select your occupation below to get a quote.
Alternatively, click here to search for your Complementary Health occupation.

Can't find your occupation?

Take a look at our Health,fitness and wellbeing page.

Insurance Aon can arrange

Cover Benefits of Professional Indemnity and Public & Products Liability

Frequently Asked Questions

Is it mandatory for complementary health businesses to have insurance?

This will depend on your specific field. Some fields are required to hold a minimum level of Professional Indemnity in order to practice, while there are no requirements within others. We recommend checking with your relevant board or association to find out about insurance requirements in your field.

However, even if insurance is not a mandatory requirement for your occupation, in our opinion, it is still important to consider. Having the right insurance in place can help ensure you don’t find your business struggling with sudden unexpected costs if an event such as a professional negligence allegation or natural disaster impacted the operation of your business.

Am i covered if i conduct home visits for patients?

The Combined Professional Indemnity and Public & Products Liability Policy arranged through Aon does not limit you to providing your insured professional services to a specified address. However, this may not be the case for all policies, so we recommend contacting your broker to confirm your coverage.2

I operate my practice from home, do I need insurance?

If you operate your practice from home, Professional Indemnity is still relevant as the risk of clients alleging professional negligence on your part is still applicable. It's likely at some point, you will meet with clients in person, whether that's at their home, or out in public, so Public & Products Liability is also very relevant for you. Business Insurance can also help cover the cost of your office equipment such as mobile phone or laptop if they're stolen or damaged.

What insurance do I need for my business?

There are a few types of insurance you may need to protect your business. As a Health Professional one of the most important insurance policies is Professional Indemnity Insurance. Professional indemnity Insurance helps protect you from the cost of a lawsuit or complaints and allegations made to a regulatory body when a client is dissatisfied with your work. In addition to Professional Indemnity Insurance, you may also need other forms of cover.

If your work involves dealing with any members of the public, you might also need Public and Products Liability Insurance. Business Insurance is also a good option if you operate out of a physical business premises, and/or have business assets and equipment. These are just a few of the policies you may need as a business owner, however speaking to your broker can help you understand the different options you have so you can make a decision that’s right for you.

Why might I need run-off cover?

Even after you've retired or are no longer practising, you could still be subject to claims from the time you were in business. Under the Combined Professional Indemnity, Public & Products Liability Policy arranged through Aon, run-off cover allows you to arrange complimentary run-off cover for a period of up to 7 years in relation to incidents that happened while you were practising.2

Why do health professionals need to consider Public & Products Liability Insurance?

Public & Products Liability is an important cover for any business that interacts with members of the public, as it provides cover for legal liabilities if a claim for injury or damage has occurred as a result of an interaction with your business. For example one of your clients or a member of the public could take a spill and hurt themselves or you could cause damage to their property. This could lead to them making a claim against your business.

How do I make a claim?

You will find details of how to make a claim in the policy wording you receive from us. However, we also appreciate that having to make a claim can be a stressful time. That's why as your broker we are always on hand to help with any questions. Please do not hesitate to call us on 1800 805 191 during business hours.

What if I need to make a change to my policy?

It is important to keep your policy up to date with the changing shape of your business but also to keep your business and personal information up to date in the event of a claim.

Should your business circumstances have changed, for example you have moved into a new premises or you have changed the services that you offer and you are not sure if your existing insurance covers it anymore then you can always call one of our experienced friendly brokers to discuss on 1800 805 191 during business hours.

How do I renew my policy?

Your renewal offer, schedule and tax invoice will be emailed to you approximately 30 days before your renewal date. Please ensure you review the details of our offer carefully (remember pricing and coverage levels may have changed so it is important to review). If you are happy with the offer and wish to accept, simply make payment by the date specified on the tax invoice.

What are your opening hours?

Our opening hours are 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday (except public holidays). If you need to contact us out of hours, you can email [email protected] and we will pick up your query on the next business day.

Can I pay for my policy monthly?

Yes you can, monthly payments can be arranged through a premium funding agreement with Hunter Premium Funding3 to help you spread the costs of your insurance across the year. Please note that the total overall cost is higher if you pay monthly. Contact us on [email protected] and we will pick up your query on the next business day.

Self Service – Certificate of Currency

Request a Certificate of Currency for your Health Combined Professional Indemnity and Public & Products Liability policy.*

The news you need to know

Read more

Ways to get in touch

Chiropractor / Osteopath ([email protected])
Occupational Therapists ([email protected])
Personal Trainer ([email protected])
Physiotherapist ([email protected])
Psychologist ([email protected])
Yoga/Pilates Instructor ([email protected])
All Other Health Professions ([email protected])

Or call us on 1800 805 191

1 Offer available to new customers who purchase the Aon Health Combined Professional Indemnity, Public & Products Liability Policy and who do not currently have a Professional Indemnity or Public Liability policy through Aon. Offer may be cancelled at any time.
2Subject to full terms, conditions and limits of the policy. Please review the full policy wording for more information.
3Hunter Premium Funding is a third party independent of Aon, however Aon will receive a commission if you pay for your policy through a premium funding agreement with them.

Aon Health Combined Professional Indemnity, Public & Products Liability Insurance is arranged by Aon under a binder agreement on behalf of the underwriter, Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 AFSL 227681 trading as CGU Insurance. When acting under a binder we will be acting as agent of the CGU Insurance and not as your agent. Our binder arrangements with the CGU Insurance are such that we remain your agent in the handling of any claim. If you purchase this insurance, Aon will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Further information can be found in our FSG or provided upon request.